Simple Eggless Chocolate Walnut Cake Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet Chocolate (use chocolate that melts)
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/3 cup thick plain Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Chips – optional
- Soak Walnuts in water for 30 minutes. This reduces the bitterness of the walnuts. Discard the water. Chop walnuts into coarse pieces and set aside.
- Grease and line a cake loaf tin (9X3′). Preheat oven to 160 C
- Melt chocolate and butter into a smooth mixture.
- Mix powdered sugar, yogurt till the mixture is smooth and lump free.
- Add baking powder, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Set aside for 5 minutes. You will notice air bubbles.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Add the all purpose flour. Mix gently to form a smooth lump-free batter.
- Add chopped walnuts and gently fold into the batter to distribute the pieces evenly.
- Pour into a prepared loaf tin. Garnish with chocolate chips (optional).
- Bake in preheated 160 C oven for 30 minutes or till the cake loaf is baked well. Test with a fork to check if its cooked.
- Let the cake cool completely. Slice into equal pieces and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American