- 1 cup chopped Baking Chocolate / Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Butter (preferably unsalted) or Oil
- 1/3 cup plain Yogurt / sour cream
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of salt (skip if using salted butter)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract or Instant coffee powder (optional)
- Grease & line a baking pan. Preheat oven to 160 C (150 C if using convection oven)
- Melt chocolate and butter (or oil) together in microwave or using double boiler method. Mix well and let the chocolate liquid cool a bit. Keep stirring to avoid hardening of chocolate.
- Add yogurt / sour cream and vanilla (or coffee powder) and mix well.
- Sift all purpose flour, baking soda, salt and mix well to make a smooth batter. Don’t mix too much else you’l end up with a bread like texture.
- Pour batter onto the baking pan. Smoothen the top.
- Bake at 160 C for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies are cooked.
- Let them cool a bit and un-mold. Cut into sqaures, dust with powdered sugar if you like and serve.
- Brownies stay well up to 3 days.