Coconut Lime Granita
Looking for an interesting treat this summer? This coconut lime granita is it!
You’re going to be hit by a wave of freshness in your mouth with this awe-inspiring coconut lime granita! You’ll fall in love with its simplistic flavors and interesting texture! You my friend, are going to relish this one over and over again!
And the people you make this for are going to love you for this! Because frankly, there couldn’t be anything more easier or tastier – especially during the hot summer time! This is my first experiment with homemade coconut milk. And it turned out pretty darn good!
I made this about a month ago when my BFF came home to be my guinea pig for the day. We had a fun evening taste-testing all my culinary experiments, watching girly videos, cyber shopping, whilst squeezing in some boy-talk. 😛 Between the 2 of us, we managed to wipe out some incredible Nutella trifle, Cheese Balls, Paneer Tikka Masala and a whole carton of this fresh frozen granita! (recipes coming soon!) But for now, I thought it’s best to share this one since it IS so hot out there!
Coconut Lime Granita – Printable RecipePrint
- 1 and 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar (adjust for sweetness)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (Thick or thin)
- 1 Lemon / Lime – juice + zest
Coconut Milk – if you’re coconut milk is too thick, you may have a creamier granita. To have a light version, use thin coconut milk (or simply increase the water portion)
- Boil sugar + water together till sugar dissolves and you have a light golden syrup. Let it cool completely.
- Add to a shallow container (preferably a baking dish). Squeeze the lemon / lime juice and zest. Mix well. Also add the coconut milk and mix well. Taste and adjust for sweetness, if required
- Add a few ice cubes to the mixture, cover and freeze until set (around 2-3 hours).
- Remove and crush everything together with a fork. Again cover & freeze.
- Repeat by removing and crushing again for another 2-3 times or until you have a nice crushed ice mixture.
- Serve as is or add some shaved coconut for extra texture.
- Keep frozen until right before serving. Best kept frozen up to a week
Serving tip –
- For a fancy way, you can scoop the granita on a coconut shell & serve!
* You can use homemade coconut milk or canned coconut milk for this recipe
Coconut Lime Granita – step by step recipe
Boil sugar and water till you have a syrup
Let it cool completely (stir frequently to avoid hardening of sugar crystals). Add it to a shallow pan and mix in lime juice, zest and coconut milk
Add some ice cubes to it, mix and freeze
After 3 hours, remove and crush with a fork.
Every 2 hours, keep repeating the same process of crushing
After 3-4 times, you’re granita is ready! Keep frozen until ready to serve. For a fancy way to serve, add the granita on a coconut shell! 🙂
Other delicious frozen treats you’ll enjoy!