- 1 and 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar (adjust for sweetness)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (Thick or thin)
- 1 Lemon / Lime – juice + zest
Coconut Milk – if you’re coconut milk is too thick, you may have a creamier granita. To have a light version, use thin coconut milk (or simply increase the water portion)
- Boil sugar + water together till sugar dissolves and you have a light golden syrup. Let it cool completely.
- Add to a shallow container (preferably a baking dish). Squeeze the lemon / lime juice and zest. Mix well. Also add the coconut milk and mix well. Taste and adjust for sweetness, if required
- Add a few ice cubes to the mixture, cover and freeze until set (around 2-3 hours).
- Remove and crush everything together with a fork. Again cover & freeze.
- Repeat by removing and crushing again for another 2-3 times or until you have a nice crushed ice mixture.
- Serve as is or add some shaved coconut for extra texture.
- Keep frozen until right before serving. Best kept frozen up to a week
Serving tip –
- For a fancy way, you can scoop the granita on a coconut shell & serve!