Cold Pasta Salad
Cold Pasta Salad Recipe
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Total Time – 1 hour (to chill)
Makes – 2 servings
100 grams of pasta (I used Macaroni)
Thick Yogurt | Hung Curd – 1 cup
Mixed Vegetables – 1/4 cup each (I used onions, capsicum, tomato)
Chopped Apple or Pineapple – 1/4 cup
Chopped Basil leaves – 3 tbsp
Garlic – 1 clove, minced
Salt, Pepper, Oregano – to taste (about 1/2 tsp each)
How to proceed
1. Boil the pasta in microwave or gas until it is cooked. Strain & run it through cold water so that it doesn’t stick. Keep chilled until use. (click here for a step by step tutorial on how to cook pasta in a microwave)
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the thick yogurt, pepper, salt & oregano. Add garlic & mix well.
3. Add all your mixed vegetables & fruit (if using)
4. Mix well.
5. Add in the boiled pasta
6. Mix well. Don’t over mix or the pasta will break
7. Garnish with some basil leaves. Serve chilled.
– The idea of yogurt in pasta was too weird for me to even taste it. But my brother insists it was tasty. In fact, he didn’t even know I had used curd and not white sauce for the pasta.
– Adding a fruit is optional. It just gives that extra crunch and sweetness.