How to cook Pasta in Microwave
Its very easy to cook pasta in the microwave. The water boils faster in a microwave and hence can be a very time efficient thing to do! 😀
You’ll need –
Water (around twice the amount of Pasta)
Microwave safe bowl
1) In a big microwave safe bowl add enough water to cover the Pasta. (usually twice the pasta shells i.e for 100grams of Pasta, 200-250 ml of water)
2) Heat the water in the MW for 1 minute
3) Add enough salt
4) Add the Pasta shells
5) Microwave on high without the lid for 6-8 minutes at full power (longer depending upon the amount of Pasta to be cooked)
6) Filter out the water. Run cold water through the pasta & filter that out too.
7) Keep aside & use as required
> You can use the same method for any kind of Pasta.
> To check if the pasta has been cooked, take a spoon & scoop out some cooked pasta. Let it cool a bit. Then press it with your fingers. If they mash properly, then they’re done. (if they mash too much, you’ve over-boiled the Pasta. Stick to the time given as much as possible)
> Serve with sauce of your choice.