Cookies and Cream Cheesecake (No bake)
Cheesecake has been one of my earliest culinary experiments. That probably explains why it looks shabby! 😉 This is a no bake, eggless cheesecake that uses agar agar (vegetarian counterpart of gelatin) to set into a beautifully glossy dessert.
COOKIES AND CREAM CHEESECAKE Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: overnight; 6-8 hours
Makes: 6-8 slices
For the crust –
200 grams Chocolate Biscuits.
1 tbsp Butter, melted
For the Filling –
150 grams Cream Cheese
50-80 ml Heavy cream
5-7 chocolate cream biscuits (like: Oreo, Bourbon Biscuits, Delta Cream etc)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract / Essence
100 grams Powdered Sugar (adjust according to taste)
2 tsp Agar Agar // Gelatine (chopped, if flaky)
2-3 tbsp Boiling Water
1. Crush biscuits in food processor or with the end of a rolling pin
2. Add melted butter and stir to combine. Add enough butter to ensure that when you pick up some biscuit crumbs, they should be able to hold together
3. Press into base of 24cm spring-form cake tin. I didn’t have it so I used a very low bottomed plate.
4. Refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes.
1. Sprinkle gelatine/agar agar over boiling water and whisk with a fork until it is completely dissolved. Allow to cool slightly.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese & vanilla essence.
3. Add the castor/confectioner/powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
4. Then, add the heavy cream and beat the mixture until it looks creamy.
5. If you want, add melted white chocolate in this step & mix well. I skipped.
6. Stir in the gelatine / agar agar liquid into the mixture & beat well for 1 minute.
7. Finally, break the cream biscuits into small pieces & stir into the mixture.
To combine –
1. Take the crust out of the refrigerator.
2. Pour the entire filling onto the crust & using a flat knife or a spatula, spread it evenly on the entire plate.
3. Refrigerate overnight. Slice & serve
Serve with drizzled melted chocolate, chocolate shavings, sprinkles etc!