Cream Cheese Frosting
Homemade cream cheese frosting from scratch recipe for frosting cupcakes and cookies!
If you live in a country where cream cheese is not easily available, then this is the recipe for you! All I do is separate milk solids from milk and make a creamy & luscious frosting that no one can believe is not made from commercial cream cheese! 🙂 Oh and if you have any leftover, throw in some eggs and bake for a quick cheesecake filling!
Here’s a quick tutorial on how I like to make my Cream Cheese Frosting at home…Print
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar or Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2–3 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3–4 tablespoons Milk
NOTE – In this recipe, we make our own cream cheese. In case you already have cream cheese, you don’t require the milk or Sugar
- Bring milk to a boil. Add the vinegar and let it boil for 1 minute. You’ll see the milk starts to curdle. Once the milk particles separate from the whey, switch off. Pass through a towel lined sieve to discard the water. Run the towel under water to wash off any vinegar smell from the milk particles.
- Add it to a blender along with butter and vanilla extract. Grind / Blend for 10 seconds.
- Add the sugar and milk and grind for 30 seconds – 1 minute till you have a smooth & creamy mixture. If you want a runny mixture, add more milk. Taste & adjust for seasoning.
- Remove and use as required.
Tip: Advisable to use immediately. This does not taste good when refrigerated and reheated.
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe – step by step pictures
Bring milk to a boil. Add vinegar. Once milk separates from way, filter out the water and wash the milk particles to get rid of any vinegar smell
Add the milk particles to a grinder / mixer / blender. Also add butter and vanilla. Grind for 30 seconds
Add sugar & milk and grind till you have a smooth frosting
Remove and use as required
Other easy tutorials for you —->
How to make plain Yogurt (Curd) at home