Cream Cheese Stuffed Bagel Bites
Bagel bites stuffed with a delicious cream cheese filling, and the perfect snack to munch on!
Bagel Bites are what you make when you want the chewiness of a bagel but ease of munching on dough balls. These are little cheesy nuggets stuffed with melty cream cheese, and are the perfect size to nibble on in a party or while watching a movie! Seriously, you won’t be able to stop at one.
This snack is made with the leftover bagel dough from the classic bagel recipe, and stuffed with frozen cream cheese chunks. When baked, you have a cheesy, chewy & delicious snack to munch on.
This recipe follows the same steps of a typical bagel – that is, we boil first and then bake, lending its chewy texture. But you can certainly skip that part if all you want are cheese-stuffed pizza bites. You can also use store-bought pizza dough, for a shortcut recipe.
How to stuff the Cream Cheese in the dough:
Cut 1 inch pieces of cream cheese & roll into a ball. You need to pre-freeze it for 15 minutes so its easier to roll. Once you have them rolled out, freeze for 30 minutes to an hour, or until its frozen rock solid.
These frozen pieces of cream cheese are going to easier to stuff inside pieces of dough. Now, the cheese will melt, so make sure to have a thick layer of dough covering the cheese. And despite that, if some cheese melts out, that’s just going to enhance the flavor or your crust!
You can use regular cream cheese or any flavored one your love.
Here’s a video recipe on how to make cream cheese stuffed bagel bites –
Print the Recipe for Bagel Bites –Print
Make the easiest ever stuffed bagel bites! They’re chewy, cheesy and just the perfect snack to munch on.
- 1 1/4 cup Warm Water
- 1 TBsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Instant Yeast
- 3 1/2 cups Bread Flour*
- Neutral Oil, to grease the dough
- 1 cup Cream Cheese (dairy or vegan, plain or flavored)
- Large pot of boiling water (to boil the bagels)
- Oil or melted butter, to brush the bagels
- Topping options: Sesame Seeds, poppy seeds or everything bagel seasoning
- In a large bowl (preferably in a standing mixer), add warm water, sugar & let it dissolve
- Add the yeast and let it sit for a minute
- Then add the flour, salt & mix until the mixture comes together
- Use the electric mixer or knead by hand until the dough comes together into a smooth & soft dough. It should take 8-12 minutes.
- Brush the dough with some oil. Cover with a moist cloth or lid.
- Let it rest for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in volume.
Prepping the Bagel Bites:
- Divide cream cheese into 1 tablespoon portions, roll them, and freeze for 1 hour. This will harden the cream cheese & make it easier to stuff the dough
- Divide dough into big lemon sized balls. Stuff each one with a piece of cream cheese, & roll again into neat balls.
- Repeat with rets of the dough
Cooking the Bagel Bites:
- Bring a large pot of water to boil
- Drop bagel bites into hot water & boil for 30 seconds
- Drain out and add to a lined baking sheet
- Brush with olive oil or melted butter
- Garnish with sesame seeds, poppy seeds or everything bagel seasoning
- Bake at 400F / 200C oven for 20 minutes
- Serve warm with your favorite condiment
- If you don’t wanna make the dough, you can also use pizza dough
- Boiling the dough bites give it the bagel-like chewy consistency. But you can also directly bake to make pizza bites
- Some of the cream cheese may melt and flow outside the bagel bites. Make sure to line your baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat for easy clean up
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American, Jewish
Keywords: bagel bites recipe, cream cheese stuffed bagel bites
Thank you for reading! If you do dry out our cream cheese stuffed bagel bites recipe, do let us know by leaving a comment below!