Double Chocolate Brownies
I’ve baked these brownies more than once. I’ve perfected them over a period of time and they couldn’t be more easier. The entire process of getting everything together took less than 5 minutes! Honest truth. Straight Face. From my Heart! It would be a crime if you finished reading this post and did not bake ’em. 😛 Better yet, the ingredients are so readily available in any part of the world that you wouldn’t be able to come up with the excuse of non availability! 😀
Double Chocolate Brownies. As the name suggests, this brownie is twice ‘chocolatized’. Once, by adding cocoa powder and then by adding melted chocolate. If you’ve never eaten a brownie, let me take you through the experience of eating one. While hot, it is crisp and crumbly on the outside and soft yet dense inside. But here’s the best part. You chill it overnight; and what you have the next day is this incredibly dense, chocolaty, fudgy piece of brownie! What makes a Brownie, a brownie and not chocolate cake is the proportion of flour – fat – sugar. Brownies have relatively less flour and more chocolate as compared to chocolate cake; and are hence, much denser. But – a lot more tastier than chocolate cakes! 😀 Brownies are my new love!!! ♥
Double Chocolate Brownies Recipe
(Print this recipe)
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Bake Time – 30 minutes
Makes – 6 medium squares
All purpose flour – 100 grams (1/2 cup)
Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoons
Powdered Sugar – 100 grams (1/2 cup)
Salt – a pinch
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil or Melted butter – 2 tablespoon
Butter milk – 100 ml or (1/2 cup) (Just whisk 1/2 cup yogurt well along with 5-6 tablespoons water)
Cooking Chocolate – 50 grams or more (dark or milk)
Preheat oven to 180 C / 360 F
1. Melt the chocolate in microwave or using double boiler method.
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt together. Mix well
3. Add oil and buttermilk and mix well.
4. Now add the melted chocolate and mix well.
5. Grease and flour the baking pan. Pour in the prepared batter into the pan
6. Bake at 180 C for 15 minutes and reduce the temperature to 160 C and bake for another 15 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean without leaving wet batter.
Eggless Double Chocolate Brownies are ready!! 🙂
1. Ovens vary. Please monitor your brownies closely after the 20th minute. I usually cover my cake or brownie tins with aluminium foil to prevent the top from burning.
2. Serve the brownies hot with vanilla ice cream; or with caramel sauce; or just sprinkle some sugar or cocoa powder on top and cut them into squares.
3. Variations include adding all kinds of nuts, more or less chocolate and so on. Since this was my 1st attempt, I opted for a simple brownie.