Easiest Chocolate Frosting
This may be the easiest chocolate frosting you would have ever come across. I’ve tried it with cream and milk and both the versions and extremely delicious. It is really easy to make & gets ready in a jiffy. You can make any dessert fancy with this chocolate frosting. All you’re gonna need are some good quality chocolate (dark or milk) and some milk or cream. The milk version is comparatively healthy. So use whatever you wanna use! 😉 🙂This time, I used Diary Milk (I was doubtful if it would work; but it did just fine) some left over cream and a bit of milk. I’ve also done just the milk & chocolate version and the frosting, although not so creamy, is equally good. The ratio of milk to chocolate should generally be 1:2. That is because milk doesn’t thick as much as cream does when chilled. However, if you’re using cream, feel free to use in the proportion of 1:1 or even 2:1.
EASIEST CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPE
Prep Time: nil
Cook Time: 2 min
Chill Time: 10 min (optional)
Makes: 1 cup
1 cup chocolate (use any good quality chocolate. I used cadbury diary milk)
1 cup cream OR 1/2 cup milk **
** if you want a runnier frosting, increase cream/milk
1. Chop chocolate and place on a mixing bowl
2. Heat milk or cream.
3. When it comes to a boil, switch off the flame. (don’t let it boil)
4. Pour the hot milk or cream over the chocolate
5. Let it rest for 2 minutes.
6. Slowly, stir with a fork or whisk until the chocolate is well combined.
7. Taste and add powdered sugar and some vanilla / rum if necessary.
8. That’s it! You can use this warm or just chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to get a luscious frosting! Cover and chill.
- If you want a frosting that has a consistency of a paste to spread, increase chocolate & decrease the cream. On the other hand, if you want a pouring consistency, increase milk/cream.
- Any good chocolate would work.
- This is an excellent topping for cakes, cookies, brownies, ice creams or any dessert!