Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
Use this recipe for baking a cake or a batch of cupcakes. I swear they would turn out soft and spongy. This has, by far been THE most successful experiments with ingredients I’ve ever had. This recipe exemplifies the saying ‘Simplicity is profound‘. So simple and readily available are the ingredients that go into the making of these cupcakes that you’ll want to bake them everyday!
You just need two bowls and a spoon to get everything together! Yep, its a real quickie! And unlike most cupcake recipes, this doesn’t use the creaming the sugar technique. However, the cupcakes were as spongy as ever! You can use the same for a cake too.
Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
(Print this recipe)
Makes – 12 medium cupcakes
Prep time – 10 minutes
Bake Time – 45-50 minutes
All purpose flour / Maida – 1 and 1/4 cup*
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 to 3/4 cup (use vegan organic sugar for a vegan version)
Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup
Baking Powder – 1.5 teaspoon
Baking Soda – 1 teaspoon
Melted Butter – 1/3 cup (or vegetable oil for vegan version)
Water – 3/4 – 1 cup
Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
White Vinegar – 1 teaspoon
* 1 cup is around 200 grams in this recipe
PRE HEAT OVEN TO 150 C or 300 F
1. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, milk powder, baking powder & baking soda.
- Melt butter, add vanilla & mix well.
- Add half of water and half of mixed flour and mix well with a spoon.
- Keep adding the water & flour mixture alternatively until they are completely incorporated. (Let the mixture be semi solid. Mine was a bit runny). Add vinegar finally and mix well.
- Line cupcake molds with liners and rub melted butter on the liners.
- Fill the molds with chocolate batter until half filled.
- Bake at 150 C for 45 – 50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
You can frost the cakes with any of these frosting/icings or just have them as they are. They are delicious!