Simple chocolate s’mores cake loaf made with chocolate, nuts ad marshmallows
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Milk Powder or Cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust for sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 and 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- a pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Chocolate chips or chopped Chocolate pieces – small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped Nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashew, pistachio)
- 1/4 cup chopped Marshmallow
- 1/4 cup crushed graham crackers or similar crackers / biscuits
- Preheat oven at 160 C. (150 or 140 C for convection microwave). Grease and line a cake loaf pan.
- Melt together butter and sugar on gentle heat.
- Add the vanilla extract and vegetable oil and mix well.
- Add the milk powder / cornstarch, yogurt, sugar and beat into a smooth mixture.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix gently to form a smooth, lump-free batter.
- Add the chocolate, nuts, marshmallows and crushed graham crackers. Fold them into the batter to distribute evenly.
- Pour the entire batter into the cake tin. Tap to avoid air bubbles and get an even layer.
- Bake at 160 C for 30 – 35 minutes or until the cake is fully cooked through. To check, stick a fork or toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean without leaving wet batter, it is done.
- Let it cool in the loaf pan. Gently remove the loaf.
- Slice into even pieces and serve as is or with tea.
- Store at room temperature for 2 days or in the fridge for 7 days. Warm slightly before consuming.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American