- 2 cups All Purpose Flour (maida)
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBsp Butter (at room temperature) (around 80 gms)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/3 cup Thick Plain Yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 TBsp Milk Powder (Or sweetened condensed milk)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 3 TBsp Cocoa Powder
- 9X5 or 9 inch baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 150 C / 325 F
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar & butter mixture to make it smooth & creamy. (creaming technique)
- Add the thick yogurt, milk powder, vanilla essence and beat well to form a smooth mixture without lumps.
- To this wet mixture, add he flour mixture and fold it in. DO not over mix or you’ll end up with a bread-like consistency. Just mix enough to ensure there are no lumps and you have a thick, smooth batter.
- In another mixing bowl, take half of the batter and add cocoa powder to it. (If you want one flavor to dominate, then take more of that batter). Mix well to form a chocolatey batter.
- In a baking pan, drop spoonful of white batter in different places. (use half of the white batter first) Then do the same with the chocolate batter dropping spoonfuls around and over the white batter. (use half of the chocolate batter)
- Repeat the above 2 steps again with remaining white & chocolate batter.
- Taking a fork or a knife or a toothpick, swirl the batters around to create a marbled effect of your choice.
- Bake at 150 C preheated over for 30-40 minutes or until the cake is completely cooked through. The best way to tell is to insert a toothpick or dry piece of spaghetti into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean without leaving any wet batter, it is done.
- Let it cool in the baking pan for around 10 minutes and then de-mold the cake.
- Slice & serve.