Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
Decadent Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes in a jiffy to ring in the New Year!
As usual, the year flew by and I didn’t even realize how soon 2016 came knocking on my door. I’m quite emotional as I write the first post of 2016.
2015 was rough. Don’t get me wrong. There were quite a few wins – personally and professionally. And I am incredibly grateful for that. However, it has definitely not been a smooth sail. 2015 was rife with uncertainties, chronic fevers, stress and multiple situations that I like to describe as bubbles-being-burst. But I’m not one to dwell on the past. Every bit of the journey has been worthwhile. I am glad to have not lost my mojo, and I’m excited to get a fresh start.
Yes. 2016 – for this blog – will be year of loads of fantastic (and easy!) recipes. And I’m starting off the year of fantastic food with these decadent Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes.
I didn’t have to rack my brains too much and wonder about the first post of this year. Ferrero Rocher is a family favorite and any dessert I whip up with these chocolates is always a win!
Made with simple ingredients, these moist cupcakes (with little surprises stuffed inside of them) are a delight to bake, serve and devour! The hazelnut and chocolate flavors run deep in this cupcake. You can skip the frosting and still have delicious cupcakes. But for a special occasion, I do suggest going the extra mile to make a nutella flavored buttercream.
And with this post, I wish all of you a wonderful 2016. May your lives be filled with fun, laughter, happiness and most importantly – phenomenal food!
Eggless Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes – Printable RecipePrint
Easy Eggless Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup Butter – soft at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons thick, plain Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
- 2 Tablespoons Condensed Milk or Milk Powder
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour (Refined Flour or Maida)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt (Skip if using salted butter)
- 2–3 Tablespoons Milk or water – if required
- 5–6 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates, crushed
- 6–8 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates – frozen (for stuffing in the middle)
- 1/4 cup Butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 2–3 Tablespoons Nutella
- Ferrero Rocher Chocolates to decorate on top (optional)
- If you plan on stuffing the cupcakes with Ferrero Rocher, make sure to unwrap them and freeze them for a few hours ahead of time. This way, the chocolate will not fall apart completely while baking. Otherwise, it will get soft.
For the cupcakes
- Line cupcake molds with liners. Preheat oven to 160 C / 325 F. If using a convection oven, reduce the heat to 140 C / 285 F.
- Cream together butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes to form a smooth mixture
- Add yogurt / sour cream and condensed milk / milk powder and mix well.
- Crush some Ferrero Rocher chocolates into the mixture and mix.
- Sift together and add the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into the wet mixture.
- Mix gently to form a smooth and lump free batter. If you over mix, the cupcakes will have a bread-like texture
- Fill cupcake molds with batter upto half way up. Stuff each mold with a frozen Ferrero Rocher. Make sure the Ferrero Rocher is fully stuffed. If it is coming out of the batter, add some more batter to cover the entire chocolate.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cupcakes are fully cooked through.
- Let them cool completely. Frost or serve as is.
- Cream together the butter and sugar to form a smooth buttercream
- Add nutella and mix again to form nutella flavored cream.
- Keep it chilled until further use.
- Fill the frosting in a zip lock bag. Cut of one side of the edge.
- Frost each cupcake with as much or as little frosting as you like
- Top off each cupcake with another Ferrero Rocher (optional)
- Serve immediately or keep it chilled in the refrigerator
Note – This will stay good in the fridge for 3 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Eggless Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes – step by step pictures
Cream together sugar and butter for 2 minutes to form a creamy mixture. Add milk powder, yogurt (or sour cream), condensed milk and mix well.
Crush some Ferrero Rocher into the mixture and mix well. Add the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda mixture and mix gently to form a smooth and lump free batter.
Line cupcake molds with liners. Fill each mold upto half way with the batter. Stuff a frozen Ferrero Rocher into the center of the batter (optional). Bake at 160 C for 20-25 minutes or until the cupcakes are fully cooked through. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
Meanwhile, cream together butter and powdered sugar to form a creamy mixture. Add some nutella to the butttercream and cream again. Keep it chilled until you require.
Frost each cupcake and add another Ferrero Rocher on top for decoration. Serve immediately or keep it chilled.