Easy Eggless Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup Butter – soft at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons thick, plain Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
- 2 Tablespoons Condensed Milk or Milk Powder
- 1 cup + 1 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour (Refined Flour or Maida)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt (Skip if using salted butter)
- 2–3 Tablespoons Milk or water – if required
- 5–6 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates, crushed
- 6–8 Ferrero Rocher Chocolates – frozen (for stuffing in the middle)
- 1/4 cup Butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 2–3 Tablespoons Nutella
- Ferrero Rocher Chocolates to decorate on top (optional)
- If you plan on stuffing the cupcakes with Ferrero Rocher, make sure to unwrap them and freeze them for a few hours ahead of time. This way, the chocolate will not fall apart completely while baking. Otherwise, it will get soft.
For the cupcakes
- Line cupcake molds with liners. Preheat oven to 160 C / 325 F. If using a convection oven, reduce the heat to 140 C / 285 F.
- Cream together butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes to form a smooth mixture
- Add yogurt / sour cream and condensed milk / milk powder and mix well.
- Crush some Ferrero Rocher chocolates into the mixture and mix.
- Sift together and add the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into the wet mixture.
- Mix gently to form a smooth and lump free batter. If you over mix, the cupcakes will have a bread-like texture
- Fill cupcake molds with batter upto half way up. Stuff each mold with a frozen Ferrero Rocher. Make sure the Ferrero Rocher is fully stuffed. If it is coming out of the batter, add some more batter to cover the entire chocolate.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cupcakes are fully cooked through.
- Let them cool completely. Frost or serve as is.
- Cream together the butter and sugar to form a smooth buttercream
- Add nutella and mix again to form nutella flavored cream.
- Keep it chilled until further use.
- Fill the frosting in a zip lock bag. Cut of one side of the edge.
- Frost each cupcake with as much or as little frosting as you like
- Top off each cupcake with another Ferrero Rocher (optional)
- Serve immediately or keep it chilled in the refrigerator
Note – This will stay good in the fridge for 3 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American