Grilled Roti Sandwich
Grilled Roti Sandwich is a simple lunchbox recipe for kids and adults alike!
I wonder how something that taste so delicious looks so ordinary? I used a Sandwich Grill / Toaster to make this grilled roti sandwich and I’m so glad with how it turned out.
With something as simple as roti (or any tortilla, really) and leftover veggies, you can whip up this delicious snack in as less as 5 minutes! Read on to find out how to make this grilled roti sandwich.
If you’re an Indian, Roti must make an appearance to your meals at least once a day. It is our staple food! But when you have leftover roti and don’t really feel like eating the same old roti-sabzi, you should think about jazzing it up by converting it into a sandwich!
While you can pack it up for a great lunchbox snack, it tastes the best when fresh and crisp out of the toaster oven.
Grilled Roti Sandwich – Printable RecipePrint
use leftover roti (tortillas) and filling to make this grilled roti sandwich
- 4 Rotis / Tortillas
- 1 cup of your favorite filling
- 4 Tablespoons of your favorite sauce / condiment
- Vegetable Oil
- Grill Pan / Panini Press / Sandwich Toaster
- You can use leftovr roti / chapati / phulka or any tortilla you have on hand
Filling options – Make any filling you like. Below is the one I use for spring rolls
- 1 cup shredded Lettuce / Cabbage
- 1 cup mixed grated veggies (onion, carrots, capsicum)
- 2 Green Chilli, slit in the middle
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
Sauce / Condiments
- Choose a sauce / dip that goes with the filling you’re using. If you’re making the spring rolls filling, use a thai sweet chili sauce. If you’re using some Indian filling, go for a mint chutney.
Filling – you can make the below filling or use any leftover filling
- Heat oil and add the chilli, ginger and garlic. Fry for a few seconds
- Add the mixed veggies and fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper and mix well. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add the shredded cabbage / lettuce and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool.
To make the Grilled Roti Sandwich
- Brush a grill pan / toaster / panini press with some oil.
- Add some condiment / sauce all over the roti. To one half of the roti, add some filling. Wrap it into a neat tight roll.
- Place the roll seam-side down on the greased grill press. Brush the top with some oil and close the pan. Let it grill for around 3-5 minutes or until you like the texture of the sandwich.
- Remove, cut it into 2-3 pieces and serve with your favorite sauce.
- Category: snack
- Cuisine: indian
Grilled Roti Sandwich – Step by step Recipe
Make the roti (or any tortilla). You can also use store-bought tortilla or roti.
Make your favorite filling. I used the same filling I used for spring rolls.
Add some condiment / sauce all over the roti. To one half of the roti, add some filling. Wrap it into a neat tight roll.
Place the roll seam-side down on the greased grill press. Brush the top with some oil and close the pan. Let it grill for around 3-5 minutes or until you like the texture of the sandwich.
Remove, cut it into 2-3 pieces and serve with your favorite sauce.