Hershey”s Kisses in a Cookie!
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar (confectioner’s sugar) (adjust to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1–2 tablespoons Milk / Water (if required)
- Hershey’s Kisses – freeze them for at least a couple hours before baking
Note – Freezing will ensure they don’t melt completely while baking
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 180 C (160 C if using convection oven)
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla extract for 2 minutes to form a creamy mixture
- Sift and add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well to form a smooth dough. If it is too tough, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk. The dough should be moist, smooth but not sticky
- Make equal sized balls of the cookie dough and place on prepared baking sheet. With your thumb, press the center of the ball to form a slight impression.
- Place frozen Hershey’s kisses in the impression created.
- Bake at 180 C for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are cooked through.
- Let them cool completely. If you try to eat them warm, the Hershey’s kisses will melt and become a mess. Let the chocolate set into the cookie.
- This will stay fresh in air tight containers at room temperature for 3 days
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: American