Learn how to make homemade buttermilk substitute using just 2 ingredients!
- 1 Cup (8 oz / 224 g) Milk (preferably full fat) – cold or at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed Lemon Juice or plain White Vinegar
- Add the milk to a jug or jar or bottle.
- Stir in lemon juice or vinegar into the milk.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes at room temperature until the milk begins to curdle and becomes acidic.
- Use in place of buttermilk in the recipe as it calls for.
- If you don’t use it straight away store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Category: how to