Here’s a classic homemade pizza recipe; including a tutorial on how to make cheese burst pizza.
Oh my word. I just made Cheese Burst Pizza. Do you even know what that means? Well obviously you do. It is a pizza that is topped and FILLED with Cheese. Yeah, that just got a lot cheesy! I promise you’d love it!
And if the thought of double cheese pizza… basically my cheese burst pizza makes you cringe, I’ve also got an option for normal vegetarian homemade pizza in this post. Read on to find out more…. You can use this recipe to make ANY kind of pizza you want with any kind of toppings!
Homemade pizza crust may sound difficult to you. Why waste the time when you can buy frozen? But trust me – homemade crust is nothing like store-bought, delivery, or what you order at a restaurant. Making pizza crust is a lot like making regular bread, only quicker and well, flatter. You can use any of the following recipes to make your pizza dough –
- For the Pizza Dough
- 1 cup (235 grams) All Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Instant Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/3 cup Warm Milk or Water*
- 2 Tablespoons soft butter
- For the Toppings
- Tomato Passata / Tomato Ketchup Sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped vegetables (Onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms etc.)
- 1-2 tablespoons Jalapenos, chopped
- 1-2 Green Chilli, finely Chopped / 2-3 teaspoons Red Chilli Flakes
- Oregano / Pizza Seasonings
- Extra Cheese – optional for Cheese Burst
- Mix the flour, salt, sugar & instant yeast well.
- Add warm milk or water. Mix well with fork (or electric mixer) constantly until the mixture starts to come together and add the softened butter. Knead into a soft and elastic dough (around 20 minutes by hand or 10 minutes by electric mixer).
- Place in oiled bowl. Cover and let it rest for at least 1-2 hours or till it doubles up in volume. Punch down the dough and use as required.
- Pinch out a fist size ball of dough and roll well. Flour the work surface and place the pizza dough. Roll it out into a rough disk. You can make it as thick or thin as you like.
- Take 2 lemon size balls of dough. Roll out each ball into a thin disk.
- On top of 1 disk, grate cheese all over. Or tear slices of cheese and place on top. Leave about 1/2 an inch on all sides
- Gently place the other rolled out risk on top of the cheese. Using your finger to seal the edges.
- Gently fold a little bit of the edges in to get a definitive edge.
- Grease the Baking pan with oil and sprinkle with semolina or cornmeal. If you have a pizza stone, sprinkle with cornmeal or semolina.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Carefully transfer the formed Pizza base on the baking sheet / Pizza stone. Prick on top at few places with a fork.
- Apply the sauce all over.
- Add your favorite toppings and finish off with your favorite cheese
- Bake at 200 C for 15 minutes or until the pizza base is well cooked.
- Slice & enjoy!
Homemade Pizza from scratch Recipe | How to make Cheese burst Pizza
Take a ball of pizza dough. Roll it out to a rough disk. Place it on the baking pan
To make Cheese burst pizza base, make 2 thin disks. On one disk, grate some cheese all over leaving 1/2 inch all around. Place the other disk on top of the cheese.
Press all over to seal the edges. Then fold the edges a little bit in to get a definitive border
Prick the disks with fork to let out air bubbles while baking
Apply sauce all over and add your favorite toppings and finish off with cheese
Bake at 200 C for 15-20 minutes or until the pizza is cooked through
Slice and have hot with your favorite seasonings!
Once you’re done with Homemade Pizza, you can make the following with leftover pizza dough –