learn how to cook basmati rice in a pan with this easy tutorial
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1–2 teaspoons Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1.5 – 2 cups Water (adjust depending on type of rice)
- A pan with high sides (preferably non stick)
Note on Water
- Generally, 1.5 cups is enough to cook fluffy rice. But if you feel like the texture could be a little softer, then add some more water.
- Soaking the rice for 30 minutes will help cook it faster, but it isn’t a necessary step.
- Wash the rice really well till the water runs clean.
- Heat the oil in a pan with high sides.
- Drain water from the rice and add it to the pan, Mix the rice well with the oil. Let it fry until the moisture in the rice dries out.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Add the water and mix well. Let the water come to a boil.
- Close the pan with a lid. Let the rice cook on low flame for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid a fluff up the rice with a fork.
- Use as required
- Category: how to