Instant Rabdi | Rabri
Disclaimer: This is NOT the authentic version of a Rabri (rabdi). Rabri a sweet dish that is prepared by reducing milk. It takes quite a while to do that and tastes delicious. But thanks to the invention of Microwave, we get to make it whenever we want in under 10 minutes (provided we have everything on hand). And to get a dessert in 10 minutes, in my opinion, is nothing short of a miracle! 😛
In this instant version, I use : milk, unsalted cottage cheese (paneer), condensed milk, cardamom powder, chopped almosnd and if you’re rich, a few saffron strands 😀
Start by adding all the ingredients to a microwave safe bowl
Give it a quick mix
Into the Microwave it goes for 5 minutes. (on high) If it gets too thick, add a few tablespoons of milk.
Mix well. Taste for sweet and adjust. Allow to cool.
Top it off with some almond slivers & serve warm or chilled! (warm tastes good!)
Wasn’t that silly? 😀 And let me assure you, it tastes nothing less than the authentic Rabdi. Its delicious and a quick fix for your sweet cravings! Plus, if you have uninvited guests for dinner, you know what you’ll be making, right? 😉
A milk based dessert that uses 3 different kinds of diary
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Paneer / Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Saffron Strands (optional)
- handful of Chopped Almonds
- Sugar (optional, for taste)
- *** 1/2 cup = 100 ml / 100 grams
- To a microwave safe bowl, add all the ingredients (except sugar) and mix well
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes
- If it is too thick, add a few tablespoons of milk.
- Taste & adjust for sweetness.
- Top it with some chopped almonds & serve warm
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian
- Use fresh cottage cheese / paneer. It tastes better. For a homemade recipe, click here.
- Do not over-mix or mix too fast as we want the Paneer / Cottage cheese to be crumbly & not blend fully with the milk.
To make this dish, you’re gonna need : : :