Instant Strawberry Mousse
Instant Strawberry Mousse made in the microwave with fresh strawberries, marshmallow & cream! Easiest mousse ever!
It is official – I’m hooked on to Mousse.
I’m sorry, but making mousse just got a hell lot easier and I’m not stopping till I exhaust all options! With this instant strawberry mousse, I just eliminated the stove-top cooking time! Come on, who’s impressed? 🙂 You should be, because this means all you need is a microwave (which I’m sure 9/10 of you reading this would have) and a few minutes at your disposal to actually mix everything together to make this scrumptious strawberry mousse.
With less than 4 days left for Valentine’s Day, you shouldn’t be looking to complicate things too much. The best things in life come easy…. and that includes my latest concoction – Instant Strawberry Mousse! You can of course make this on the stove top too and it would take the same amount of time as it would if you had a microwave. I will be mentioning the steps to make this on stove top in the Printable version of the recipe. As always, I’m using my magic ingredient – Marshmallows to make this mousse set quickly. The rich and creamy texture of the mousse that tastes of fresh strawberries is simply too good to miss! Whether it is Valentine’s Day or not, I think you should be trying out my Instant Strawberry Mousse soon!
I went out and bought vegan marshmallows for this recipe. But if you don’t have problem with the regular kind – by all means – use them! 🙂
Instant Strawberry Mousse Recipe | Quick Marshmallow Mousse
You will be needing –
Whip cream till you see stiff peaks. Chill until required
Add cream and marshmallows to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes. The Marshmallows will start to expand and slowly melt.
Make sure to stir constantly to ensure marshmallows melt properly
Add the strawberry puree and sweetener (sugar) to the mixture. Mix well.
Microwave again for a final 2-3 minutes. Stir well to ensure the marshmallows have melted and mixed well.
You can also pass the mixture through a fine sieve to catch any lumps or undissolved sugar / strawberry / marshmallows. Keep stirring it constantly for 2-3 minutes or until it has cooled down quite a bit.
Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with whipped cream in it. Gently fold in the mixture without deflating the whipped cream too much.
Divide the mixture between serving cups / glasses. Add a strawberry or two on top. Cover and chill for at least 2-3hours or until it has set completely.
- 1 and 1/2 cups Cream / Milk / mix of both (Heavy / Low Fat)
- 1/2 cup Marshmallows (around 5–6 large size)
- 1 cup Strawberry Puree (pass strawberries through blender till you have smooth puree)
- 6–8 Tablespoons Sugar / Any Sweetener (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Strawberry Extract / Vanilla Extract
- Fresh / Strewed Strawberries (for topping)
- 1 cup is around 200 mls / 7 ounces
- preferably use Strawberry flavor Marshmallows
- the amount of strawberry puree you use should depend on how intense of a strawberry flavor you want. If you want lighter flavor use less & vice versa
- Add cold heavy whipping cream, vanilla / strawberry extract to a bowl and whip until you see stiff peaks around 3-4 minutes with electric whisk & 6-10 minutes by manual whisk). Keep chilled until required
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups of milk/cream and marshmallows to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes. The Marshmallows will start to expand and slowly melt. Stir furiously for a minute to make sure the marshmallows are dissolving into the cream
- Add the strawberry puree and sweetener (sugar) to the mixture. Mix well. Microwave again for a final 2-3 minutes. Stir well to make sure everything is dissolved. Taste and adjust the sweetness as required.
- Strain the mixture and continue to keep stirring till the mixture has cooled down to warm room temperature. (You have to stir otherwise a skin may form on top of the mixture)
- To the cold Whipped cream bowl, add the strawberry-marshmallow-cream mixture. Gently fold in the mixture into the whipped cream without deflating it. (Don’t stir. Take a spatula and fold from bottom-up)
- Divide the mixture between serving glasses. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours or until the mixture has set.
- Serve with some cut up strawberries / stewed strawberries on top!
Note – to make this on stove top
- Instead of Microwaving, you can simply make it on stove top too. But be careful of the heat. Make sure to cook the mixture on medium to medium low heat and constantly keep stirring the mixture until it has melted to avoid burning of the cream. Other than that, the procedure is the same
NOTE: If you’re a vegan / vegetarian, stay away from regular marshmallows! Make sure to buy VEGAN MARSHMALLOWS! 🙂
After this Mousse, you may want to try –