This spicy tteokbokki-inspired dish, Korean stir-fried rice cakes, is a delicious melange of rice cakes, gochujang and veggies!
- 2 cups Rice Cakes
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ginger & Garlic
- 1 cup sliced Veggies of your choice (Onions, Bell peppers, Carrots, Broccoli, Lettuce etc.)
- 1 Tbsp Gochujang
- 1 Tbsp light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar or Brown Sugar
- Salt – if needed
- Green Onions for Garnish
- Black Sesame Seeds for Garnish
- Grilled Tofu, Tofu Puffs or any protein of choice – optional
Prepping the rice cakes:
- If your rice cakes are frozen, soak them in warm water for 5 minutes or boil for a minute. This will soften the rice cakes
- Toss in 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil & set aside
Making the stir-fry
- Heat 1 Tbsp Veg Oil
- Add your ginger garlic paste, mixed veggies & stir fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes. The veggies will start to cook & develop some color on them
- Add the gochujang, soy sauce, brown sugar & toss well. Adjust seasoning if required
- Add the rice cakes, toss well with the sauces. Stir fry on high heat for 4-5 minutes
- Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and optionally, grilled protein of choice!
- Your spicy tteokbokki inspired Korean stir-fried rice cakes is ready to be enjoyed hot!
- Gochujang & soy sauce are usually salty, so you wouldn’t need additional salt. But taste & adjust seasoning as needed!
- The sauces can be increased or decreased based on your preference
- The rice cakes usually stick together, so toss them in a bit of oil to keep them separated. If not, cook them really quickly & toss in the sauce
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: korean food, vegan food, vegan recipes, korean vegan, tteokbokki, korean stir-fried rice cakes, korean stir-fry, under 15 minute recipes