(Leftover) Pasta Cutlets
Make delicious Pasta Cutlets with leftover cooked pasta!
Pasta dishes are so quick to put together, they feature on most people’s weeknight meal plans very often. If you have cooked more Pasta than you actually need, do you throw it away? Of course not. You can use it up in so many ways – make more sauce, store in the refrigerator to use in a salad later, make pasta bake or even these crispy leftover pasta cutlets!
Leftover Pasta Cutlets Recipe – Printable OptionPrint
delicious crispy pasta cutlets
- 1 cup cooked Pasta
- 1 cup Sweet Corn Kernals
- 1 Carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2–3 Chili or Hot Peppers
- 1/2 cup Cilantro or Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Mixed Herbs or Pasta Seasoning
- 2–3 Tablespoons Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Cornflour (cornstarch)
- Vegetable Oil – for shallow frying
- Break up the pasta. Since it is starch, it will mash well. If the pasta is cold, warm it slightly and then mash with a fork or food processor or your hands
- To a food processor, add – sweet corn kernals, onion, carrot, garlic cloves, chili, cilantro / parsley. Grind it to a thick paste.
- Add the paste to the mashed pasta.
- Add bread crumbs, cornflour, salt, black pepper powder, pasta seasoning. Mix well to form a thick mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Use now or refrigerate until required.
- Divide into equal portions. Roll into neat balls and flatten to smooth patties with all the mixture.
- Heat a griddle pan and add 1 tablespoon vegetable oi per pasta cutletl.
- Place the pasta cutlets on the griddle pan. Cook on one side at medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the cutlets are crispy and golden brown.
- Remove on a tissue paper.
- Serve hot with your favorite condiments
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian