Veggie Maggi Noodles ~ Indian Favorite Khaana
For most Indians, noodles = Maggi. Maggi is a popular brand selling noodles with a spice packet that is cooked along with the noodles in hot water for 2 minutes to give you a bowl of Maggi Noodles! 😉 😀 Now, this recipe will not try to duplicate the Maggi Masala. All I’m showing you is how to make the dish marginally healthy and much more filling than just plain noodles! 😀 If you are a Bachelor living off these noodles, please learn basic stir fry and use that to incorporate some veggies into your meal! 😉
VEGETABLE MAGGI NOODLES RECIPE
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 5-10 min
Serves – 2
(Print this Recipe)
200 grams Instant Noodles packet
1 finely chopped Capsicum
1 finely cubed Carrot
1 finely chopped Onion
1 tsp cooking Oil
1/2 tsp Salt (adjust)
1 finely chopped Green Chili
2 cloves Garlic finely chopped (optional)
Water – as per instruction on the cover OR enough to cover the noodles
If you don’t get the ready to use garnish powder (tastemaker) with your noodles, you can substitute it with the following spices –
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Groundnut powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
Onion Powder – 1 teaspoon
Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon (optional)
***Mix them all together and use instead of the taste-maker / ready to use powder given in the noodles’ packet.
1. Heat the oil in a wok. Add the garlic & sauté for 1 minute.
2. Next, add the chopped carrot, green chili and capsicum and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the taste maker (ready to use powder given in the packet of noodles). If not, add the alternative powder mix as given above. Let it cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
5. Add the water. (You can adjust the amount of water later on too. So, adopt a conservative approach while pouring water into the wok.) Let it be on high flame until it starts to boil.
6. Add the noodles now. You can either break them and add or add it just like that. I don’t break them because I like my noodles to be long & connected so that it is fun while eating with a fork! 🙂
7. It has to cook on high flame for about 2-5 minutes (you’ll know when it is done. the water would have evaporated & the noodles is soft)
8. Remove from heat, garnish with some coriander / cilantro leaves & serve!