- (enough for 4-6 bases)
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes (skip if don’t want spicy)
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic (paste)
- a pinch of salt
For the Base
- Homemade or Store Bought Tortillas. (I used Wheat flour tortilla – ROTI / CHAPATI)
For the Toppings (use all or any toppings of your choice)
- 1/2 cup boiled Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1/2 cup Onions, finely chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers, finely chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
- Cheese (Mozzarella / Pepper-jack / Cheddar / any)
- Other Options – chorizo, jalapeño pepper slices, grilled or fried onions, tomato, chile, hominy, shrimp, avocado, and sometimes beef, bell peppers, tripas or scallop or chicken
- To make a quick sauce, to a microwave bowl, add the tomato ketchup, butter, minced garlic, ground pepper & chilli flakes.
- Microwave it for 1 minute. Mix well to form the sauce. (If you don’t have a microwave, simply heat it on a low flame till the butter is melted)
- Apply the sauce to the tortilla base, leaving about half an inch on all sides.
- Place all your toppings however you desire. I made some of the Pizzas with different kinds of bell peppers while some had boiled sweet corn, jalapeno & onions. Whatever you choose, arrange them neatly. Don’t overdo the toppings or the Pizza would get soggy
- Top it off with some cheese… the more the better! 😉 You could use Pepper-jack cheese, mozzarella or cheddar or whatever you please!
- If you’re cooking on the griddle (flat pan), close with a lid (that is NOT touching the cheese or toppings), reduce the flame to as low as possible & let it cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove the lid. The cheese would have melted & the bottom becomes crispy. Slice & serve.
- If you’re making in the oven – place it on the baking sheet / grill pan. Set the grill (at highest temp) and grill for 4-5 minutes – until the cheese melts & starts to turn lightly golden. OR BAKE at 180 C for 8 minutes or until the tortilla is crisp & cheese melted
- Slice and serve with some toppings of your choice!