Microwave Chocolate Cake
There are times when I just crave for a piece of chocolate cake. Especially at night. Not healthy, I know. But what can you do? 😀 And with the discovery of this quick fix, all my chocolate woes are now put to rest! A soft, fluffy cake that “bakes” in a few minutes! Although microwaving doesn’t give the crust that a proper oven would, this is delicious! 😉
MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
All purpose (refined) flour/ Maida – 125 grams (1 cup)
Powdered / Confectioners’ Sugar – 1 cup (or as per taste)
Curd – 2 tablespoons
Milk – 1/2 cup / as per requirement
Melted Butter – 3 tablespoons
Cocoa Powder – 1-2 tablespoons
Baking Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Baking / Cooking Soda – soda-bicarb – 1/2 teaspoon
1: Sieve together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder & baking powder. (* Sieving the flour mixture 2-3 times gives a good texture to the final cake.)
2. Mix together soda-bi-carb / baking soda & curd well & keep aside.
3. Heat 1/4 cup water. Combine the butter and ¼ cup of hot water in another bowl and whisk well.
4. Add the flour mix & blend well.
5. Add the curd-baking soda mix and vanilla & blend again.
6. Make a smooth batter of pouring consistency. If the batter is too thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of Milk.
7. Grease a microwave safe dish & line it with butter paper.
8. Pour the batter into the bowl
10. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Let it rest in the microwave for 1 minute.
11. Let it cool. (10 minutes) Invert on a plate & pull out the butter paper