- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 3/4 cup thick yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
Frosting – optional
- Chocolate frosting (homemade or store – bought)
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- White Chocolate Chips or M&M Candies
- Mini Cupcake molds (or regular cupcake molds)
- Line mini cupcake pan with liners. Preheat oven to 160 C / 325 F
- Add powdered sugar to thick yogurt / curd and beat well
- Add baking powder, baking soda & a pinch of salt to the yogurt, and mix well. Let it rest for 5 minutes. You’ll see air bubbles starting to form
- Add oil and vanilla extract to the yogurt & mix well
- Sift in flour and cocoa powder together. Mix gently until flour mixture is incorporated into the wet mixture.
- Spoon the batter into each cup upto 3/4th of the mold.
- Bake at 160 C for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely. Frost the way you like.
- Instead of Mini cupcake molds, you can use regular size cupcake molds or even a regular baking pan