Moist Carrot Cake
Starting a new month with something sweet, here’s one of the softest, most delicious cakes you could ever make. Its simple, quick and egg-less! Actually vegan. Yep. It’s a vegan carrot cake! 😀 It took me around 20 minutes to mix everything up. And that is only because I had to stop and click pictures for every step. Otherwise, this one is a real quickie. Pretty much mixing up everything together!
Carrot cake is a cake which contains carrots (Duh!). Grated carrot is mixed with batter. The carrot softens in the baking process, and the cake usually has a soft, dense texture. The interesting part is that while those orange bits of grated carrot give the cake a beautiful color and texture, along with sweetness and moisture, its’ flavor is almost hard to sense. Carrot cake resembles a quick bread and hence, it wouldn’t be wrong to call this a Carrot Loaf either. Carrot cake is usually glazed with some cream cheese frosting. But believe me, that is not necessary. Every morsel of the carrot cake is genuine bliss.
MOIST CARROT CAKE RECIPE | Vegan Carrot Cake
Prep time – 5 minutes
Bake time – 40 minutes
Makes – 1, 8 inch cake.
All purpose flour – 200 grams (1.5 cups)
Powdered Sugar – 125 grams (3/4 cup) (vegan sugar) (or substitute with equal maple syrup)
Oil – 100 ml (1/2 cup)
Baking Soda – 3/4 tsp
Baking Powder – 3/4 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
Water – 125 ml or as required (3/4 cup)
Grated Carrot – 200 grams (1 cup) (1 large carrot)
1. Mix wet ingredients – water, oil, vanilla. Set aside.
2. Sift in dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar & salt.
3. Add in grated carrot and mix.
4. Slowly add the water mixture to the dry mixture to form a smooth batter (on the thicker side)
5. Butter and line an 8 inch pan with parchment paper. (I wanted a thinner cake so I chose a 9 inch pan) (You could use any kind of baking pan)
6. Pour the batter in.
7. Bake at 160 C for 35-40 minutes or until the cake is done. (insert a toothpick or a knife at the center of the cake. If it comes out clean without any wet batter sticking to it, the cake is done!) Let it cool & serve.