Eggless Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- 2 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar (adjust for sweetness)
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt (skip if using unsalted butter)
- a pinch of Instant Espresso Powder (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon plain Yogurt or Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Milk or Water (to loosen the batter, if necessary)
- Chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Ramekins or Cupcake molds lined with liners
- Grease the ramekins / cupcake molds with oil or butter. Preheat oven to 150 C (reduce to 140 C if using convection oven)
- Sift together all the dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder and mix well.
- Add the yogurt, butter, oil and vanilla extract and mix well. If the batter is too thick or lumpy, add a couple teaspoons of milk or water to loosen it out.
- Add 1 tablespoon batter to each ramekin. Add some chocolate chips or chunks in the center. Cover with 1-2 tablespoons more batter. The ramekins / molds should be filled only up to 3/4th of their size.
- Bake at 150 C for 8-10 minutes. Usually, tiny cupcakes such as these would take 12-15 minutes to bake. Since you are looking for a molten center, you will be cooking 2-5 minutes less, depending on your oven. Keep an eye out from the 8th minute onwards.
- Remove and serve warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American