Nutella Swirl Blondies
Irresistible nutella swirl blondies recipe…. swirl your way into edible awesomeness!
Happy July, you guys! My customary semi-annual self realization struck as I was penning this utterly delicious nutella swirl blondies recipe down…
I didn’t write down new year resolutions this year. But I did make plans of a healthier new year. Now, it is ironical that I’m talking about a healthy lifestyle in a dessert post. However, I think it is also apt, since I’ve managed to majorly cut down the cravings and the sugar from my meals – despite experimenting with sugar all the time.
You want to know what the secret is…..?
Share. Spread the love. Distribute the sugar… Everyone gets a little bit of everything.. Everyone is happy.. And no one over-indulges! (although, it may be hard to resist the urge to eat more than 1 slice of this blondie!)
Step 1 – Start of with a basic blondie base. Brown Sugar, Yogurt, Oil, Flour. (you can totally pull off a nutella swirl brownie too!)
Step 2 – Pour the batter into a square baking dish.
Step 3 – Dollops of Nutella (or any chocolate paste, really!) to be dropped un-strategically over the batter. Take a knife and go to town with your swirls!
Step 4 – Bake – Slice – Serve!
Nutella Swirl Blondies – Printable
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar (preferably dark)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4 tablespoons Water
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/3 cup plain Yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Butterscotch extract (or vanilla essence)
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- a pinch of Salt (skip if using salted butter)
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Nutella or any Chocolate Paste or Ganache, softened in microwave for 10–20 seconds
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line a 8 or 9 inch square baking pan
- Gently bring sugar, butter, water to a boil. Make sure the sugar melts into the butter and water. (If using granulated sugar, be careful and ensure you swirl the pan around to avoid crystallization.
- Stir with a spoon to bring down the temperature of the sugar mixture. Add oil, yogurt and stir well.
- Sift in the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Gently fold in the dry mixture into the wet to form a smooth batter.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Meanwhile, if your nutella (or chocolate paste) is too thick, microwave / heat it for 10-20 seconds. It should be of pourable consistency.
- Add tablespoon of the nutella on the poured batter in various places. Take a knife and swirl it around to make a swirl pattern you like. Don’t mix too much or you will end up with a chocolate batter as opposed to a blondie with swirls.
- Bake at 160C for 23-30 minutes or until the blondie is completely cooked through. Let it cool completely. Flip onto a plate, slice into squares and serve.
- If using convection, reduce temperature to 140-150C.
- Best served fresh on the day. But also stays good in the fridge for 3 days. I don’t recommend storing these longer than 3 days.
* Buy Nutella today!!!
Nutella Swirl Blondies Recipe – STEP BY STEP PICTURES
Melt butter, water and sugar together. Stir it well to cool it down
Add yogurt, oil and mix well.
Add flour, baking powder & soda. Mix to form a smooth batter.
Pour batter into the pan. Add dollops of Nutella or Chocolate paste in various places on the batter
Swirl with knife to form a patter you like
Bake at 160 C for 25-30 minutes
Slice & Serve!
My other favorite brownies & bars recipes –