Simple and eggless recipe for oreo blondies. Blondies are butterscotch flavored brownies.
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup powdered Brown Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Custard Powder (or use cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (skip if using salted butter)
- 1/4 cup thick, plain Yogurt or Curd or Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Butterscotch extract (optional)
Oreo Cookies – as many as you like
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin.
- Cream together butter and powdered brown sugar for 2 minutes.
- Sift in flour, custard powder or cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt and also add yogurt, butterscotch extract and oil. Mix just until everything combines and you have a smooth, lump-free batter.
- Break some oreo cookies into small pieces and add to the batter and gently fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter in a square baking tin.
- Crush some oreo cookies on top of the batter.
- Bake at 160C for 25-30 minutes or until the blondies are fully cooked through.
- Let it cool completely. Slice into squares and serve.
- Store in air tight container at room temperature for a day or in the fridge up to 3 days.Insert a toothpick or knife in the center. If it comes out clean without leaving wet batter, it is done.
Note – about the oven temp.
- If you are using a convection oven, reduce the temperature to 150 or 140 C. Cover the baking tin with aluminum foil for most of the baking time. This will prevent the top from getting burnt. But it will take longer than 30 minutes to bake. It can take anywhere between 40-50 minutes by this method.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American