Ooey, Gooey, Chocolatey, Sticky Oreo and Marshmallow delights are these Oreo Smores… or as I like to call them – S’moreos!
Did you know I love to cook for other people?
Whether all those people appreciate the hard work that goes into every dish of mine is secondary. As long as I see them with a big smile whilst devouring a slice of my brownie or a piece of cake, I’m quite satisfied.
But not all the treats I make necessarily involve a lot of hard work. Take these Smoreos for example. From start to finish, it takes 2 minutes.
Yes, I said 2 minutes.
What are these? Well, you probably know what S’mores are. They’re just crackers smooshed with marshmallows and roasted for a bit to melt the marshmallows and create an amazing bonfire snack. Obviously, you can have a bonfire at home. But you most certainly can replicate the effects of bonfire at home – with your Microwave or Gas Stove.
I suggest you go with the Microwave option. You can make tons of these in no time! And since I HEART Oreos, I decided to make S’mores with Oreos. 🙂
Oreo Smores Recipe | S’moreos
First of all, you’ll need Oreos and Marshmallows
Open every Oreo carefully without breaking them
If you have mini Marshmallows, use them. Else cut each Marshmallow in half to fit the circle Oreo biscuit
Place each piece on top of the cream of Oreo
Place all the oreos on a microwave safe plate & place in Microwave
Microwave for 30 seconds. The marshmallows should blow up and start to melt.
Quickly use the open half of he Oreos to top of the marshmallows and press gently
That’s it! You can serve immediately!
The cream may start to melt a little, but that’s okay! It is meant to get messy!
Enjoy the messy goodness.
* Tip 1: You can add a small slab of chocolate before the marshmallow piece for extra oomph
*Tip 2: If you can be bothered with opening the Oreos, then use 2 oreos to sandwich the marshmallows
- Marshmallows * (preferably mini marshmallows)
- Chocolate Slabs (optional)
- Use as many Oreos and Marshmallows as you want!
- I bought Marshmallows from a Vegan store. You can use regular marshmallows too if you want, but like gelatin, it isn’t vegetarian
- Open every Oreo carefully without breaking them
- If you have mini Marshmallows, use them. Else, cut each Marshmallow in half to fit the Oreo
- Place the chocolate slab on top of the cream (if using)
- Place each piece on top of the cream of Oreo / chocolate slab
- Place all the oreos on a microwave safe plate & place in Microwave. Microwave for 30 seconds. (if your microwave has temperature setting, set to high). The marshmallows should blow up and start to melt.
- Quickly use the open half of the Oreos to top of the marshmallows and press gently to close & make sandwich
- That’s it! You can serve immediately!
- Do not open Oreos. Just place the Marshmallows & slab of chocolate on one Oreo and microwave for 30 seconds. Sandwich with another Oreo cookie and serve
- The oreo cream and chocolate may start to melt a little, but that’s okay! It is meant to get messy!
- Best served right out of the microwave or it may start to harden. But you can always reheat for 10-20 seconds before serving
- If marshmallows fall off the cookies, use a small spoon or hand to pull it back onto the Oreo