Paneer Tikka Subway Sandwich recipe
Paneer Tikka Filling
- 1 cup Paneer (cottage cheese) – cubed into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large Tomato, roughly chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- a pinch of Sugar
- 1–2 teaspoons Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes or Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder (homemade or store bought)
- 4–6 Tablespoons water
- 1 long Sub Roll, cut into 2 equal pieces
- 2 Slices of Cheese (optional)
- Your Favorite Sauces (Ketchup, Sweet Onion, Mayo, Southwest, BBQ, Mustard, Hot Chili etc.)
- Mixed Veggies (lettuce, tomato, bell peppers, cucumber, onions, olives etc.)
- Pickles (jalapeno, gherkins etc.)
- Salt & Pepper (as required)
- Grind the onion, tomato and garlic to a smooth paste / puree.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the tomato-onion-garlic puree. Cook on medium heat, stirring every now and then. Cook until the raw smell disappears and you have a thick tomato paste in the pan.
- Add the spices – red chilli, garam masala, sugar and salt. Mix well and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes. You should be able to see the oil coming out of the sides of the mixture.
- Add a splash of water to make a sauce-like consistency.
- Add the paneer cubes and mix well. Let the mixture cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Switch off.
- Remove the Paneer mixture in a clean bowl and use as required
Building the Sandwich
- If you want, lightly toast each piece of the bread. Lay the cheese at the bottom. Pile on with your choice of veggies.
- Add half of the Paneer Tikka cooked.
- Top of with your favorite sauces and salt & pepper.
- Close the sub roll, wrap it with a tissue and serve.
- You can also make the mxiture a day ahead of time and heat it before serving in a sandwich
- You can make this as a sub / pizza/ normal white bread sandwich too
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Indian