Pav Bhaji Masala Powder
Pav Bhaji is a fast food native to Maharashtra. It is a wonderful, hearty dish consisting of buttery toasted dinner rolls and a mixed vegetable curry. It is similar to Sloppy Joe, but is vegetarian. The star of the dish the is the “Bhaji” or the vegetable curry. Its nothing but mashed boiled veggies spiced with a secret blend of spices! And this spice is what that makes Pav Bhaji taste so amazing!
You can make the spice mix at home. It calls for easily available ingredients. Or , you can buy ready made spice mix from Amazon or a local Indian grocery store. It is slightly different than Garam Masala but can often be substituted with the same. This is the recipe that we’ve been following for ages now. Its simple and convenient. And homemade is always better! 🙂
Pav Bhaji Masala Powder Recipe –
- Black cardamoms – 4
- Coriander seeds – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/8 cup
- Whole black pepper – 1/8 cup
- Fennel seeds – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Whole red dry chillies – 10
- Cinnamon – 10 1/2 inch pieces
- Dry mango powder – 2 tbsp
- Dry roast all the ingredients till golden brown(except dry mango powder) in low medium heat. Roast it till nice aroma is released. Then add mango powder and roast for a minute.
- Then cool down completely and then grind it to a fine powder. Cool down and store in a clean dry container.
- Make sure the container is clean and pat dry so that the masala keeps well for more time.
TO make Pav Bhaji, check out this awesome step by step recipe