Pesto Primavera Pizza
This pesto primavera pizza is a rustic & satisfying weeknight dinner option!
A few years ago, I made the Primavera Pasta on the blog. Unsurprisingly, I fell in love with it, for this dish heroed simple, humble, seasonal vegetables and didn’t rely on any over-the-top sauces to derive its flavor from. And so, when I had some pizza dough, fresh pesto and vegetables in my fridge, I decided to bake a quick pizza. I didn’t even both rolling these out neatly, and yet I love the end product!
This is the kind of food I make when I’m pressed for time but want to eat something fresh and delicious. I usually always have a ball of pizza dough in my freezer for whipping up quick meals, if required. And if you don’t have it or you don’t want to make the dough from scratch, you can always use pre-cooked, store-bought pizza base. And if that’s not an option, improvise! Make this on a slice of bread. Really, you don’t need a strict recipe to use up your pantry sauces and vegetables now, do you?
Here is a quick video on how to make the pesto primavera pizza –Print
Using fresh, seasonal vegetables and a pesto sauce, you can make a delicious and quick pesto primavera pizza in under 30 minutes.
- 1/2 lb Pizza Dough (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/4 cup Pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup Mixed Vegetables
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Cheese, as required
- Grease a baking pan
- Stretch pizza dough into an even disk onto the baking pan
- Prick all over with a fork
- Apply pesto sauce
- Spread the vegetables evenly around the pizza
- Sprinkle some herbs for seasoning
- Top off with as much or little cheese as you like
- Bake at 200 C or 390 F for around 10-12 minutes or until the pizza dough is cooked
- Slice and serve hot
- You can use pre-cooked pizza base too, but bake it for half the time – just long enough for the base to crisp up and get the cheese melted
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pesto pizza recipe, pesto primavera pizza, fresh primavera pizza
This is the kind of rustic-looking pizza that you make when you want to get a quick meal done. Use up whatever pesto or sauce and vegetables you have on hand! Freshly baked pizza is always going to be delicious, no matter what! Vegetables and cheese are a match made in heaven. Add them to bread and you have one mouthwatering meal ready to go.
If you liked this simple pesto primavera pizza or you have questions about this recipe, do leave a comment down below with your thoughts! ? You can also have my recipes delivered to your inbox or follow me on social media –YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or TikTok.
Until next time,