Pico de Gallo
Made with fresh tomato and onions, Pico de Gallo is a Mexican salad served along side tortilla chips or as a topping for burgrers, tacos, nachos etc.
Quick and refreshing Pico de Gallo Salsa – a.k.a the Mexican Fresh Tomato Salad – is a great addition to any meal you want to make! It works well as a topping for burgers, tacos, nachos, or can be scooped up with tortilla chips to have as a great afternoon snack!
Here’s a quick video tutorial on how to make this delicious Mexican Onion and Tomato Salad –
Pico de Gallo is one of the easiest salads you’ll ever make. Simply put, it is an onion and tomato salad spruced up with lemon, garlic, and coriander. Don’t think of this as a strict “recipe” you have to follow. Play with the flavors to make something suitable for your taste.
Pico de Gallo Salsa Recipe – Printable RecipePrint
A fresh salad from Mexico
Note – Pico de gallo is the kind of dish that really isn’t well-suited for a recipe. All the ingredients used in pico de gallo will vary widely in size, flavor, intensity, and water content from day to day, region to region, in and out of season. Depending on where you’re from and your taste preferences, feel free to alter the amount of ingredients mentioned in this recipe
- 1/2 cup finely diced Onions
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/2 – 1 lime (as per taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 to 2 jalapeno peppers / 1-2 Tablespoons minced (adjust to taste)
- 4 plum Tomatoes, diced finely (makes 2 cups approximately)
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro or Coriander Leaves
- Finely chop the onion and place it in a small bowl.
- Using a microplane, grate the garlic into the bowl (or use a garlic press or very finely chop it with a knife.)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Taste and adjust for seasoning, if required.
- Cover and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours, to let the flavors seep in.
- Serve as desired.
- As the salsa sits longer, it will start releasing water. You can consume it, or discard it.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mexican
There really is no step here! Just mix everything together, taste for seasoning and let it rest in the fridge for a couple hours before serving! 🙂