Potato Chip Cookies
Who’d have thought these sweet & salty Potato Chip Cookies may be even better than the classic chocolate chip cookies?
I assure you, potato chips in cookies is not weird.
In fact, I’m considering the possibility of a lot of things in cookies.
Like pretzels… marshmallows… candy bars… cake crumbs… gravy. Ok. now that may be weird. But we won’t know until we try them out right? 😉
These Potato Chip Cookies are mildly salty, mostly sweet and a very interesting treat to surprise your friends & family around the holiday season (or anytime, really!)
POTATO CHIP COOKIES RECIPE | Eggless Potato Chips Chocolate Chip Recipe
You’ll need –
Cream the butter and sugar together
Add the milk and vanilla & mix
Add the flour, baking powder & baking soda.
Mix gently to combine flour with wet ingredients (do not over-mix or you’ll end up with a bread-y texture)
Add the crushed Potato chips and Chocolate Chips (optional)
Fold in the chips into the cookie batter
Make small 1 tablespoon balls of the cookies and place on the baking sheet
Bake at 180 C for 12-15 minutes. Let it cool completely. Store in air tight box
delicious sweet & salty potato chip cookies
- 1/4 cup Butter, room temperature (preferably unsalted)
- 12 cup Sugar (regular / brown sugar ; granulated powdered – see notes)
- 1 tablespoon Milk (plus more, if required)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Crushed Potato Chips
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips or Raisins (optional)
- Add the butter and sugar & beat well until it is smooth and creamy. If you’re using granulated brown / regular sugar, it may take longer and wont cream entirely either. It is okay
- Add the milk and vanilla & mix
- Add the flour, baking powder & baking soda. Mix gently to combine flour with wet ingredients to form a soft dough. If mixture seems too crumbly, add another teaspoon of milk till you have a soft cookie dough (do not over-mix or you’ll end up with a bread-y texture)
- Add the crushed Potato chips and Chocolate Chips (optional). Fold in the chips into the cookie batter
- Make small 1 tablespoon balls of the cookies and place on the baking sheet. If you want very thin cookies, gently flatten out the cookies with your hand. If you want larger / plumper cookies, make bigger balls from cookie dough
- Bake at 180 C for 12-15 minutes. (keep a watch out from 12th minute. If cookies start to brown, take them out)
- Let it cool completely. Store in air tight box
- You can add any kind of potato chips you like.
- Using granulated sugar adds a crunchy texture to the cookies. You can choose to add regular powdered sugar if you don’t like your cookies too grainy or crunchy
- This dough freezes well too. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze upto a week. Thaw in microwave for 15 seconds, shape the cookies bake away!
Tip: The best way to get out cookies is to use the non stick silicon baking mat. If not, grease your baking pan, line with parchment and sprinkle some cornmeal/semolina on it. The cookies come out like a dream every time 🙂
Love baking cookies? Try out other easy recipes like — >