Roasted Chickpea & Veggie Salad
Roasted Chickpea & Veggie Salad Recipe
It has been forever since I wrote a blog post! Honestly though, I’m not moving on from food blogging! I’ve just been experimenting with video recipe tutorials! (have you checked out my YouTube channel?) You should follow me on Instagram where I’m recreating some really easy recipes in video form!
Anyway, coming back to today’s recipe – a warm, protein-rich chickpea salad! A Vegetarian’s dream come true! With an abundance of fresh seasonal vegetables and roasted chickpeas, this wholesome salad is a full meal by itself.
With some spices added to the veggies and chickpeas right at the time of roasting, this bowl of salad comes with a punch of flavors! You can modify it to use up the spices you have on hand or like. You can also use up any vegetables in your refrigerator! The more, the better!Print
- 1 cup Cooked or Canned Chickpeas
- 4 cups Fresh Chopped Vegetables (Refer Note 1)
- 2 TBSP Spice-Mix (Refer Note 2)
- 2 TBSP Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil
- Salt, if needed
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cilantro
- Crumbled Cottage Cheese or Feta Cheese or Paneer (optional)
- Fresh Lemon Slices
- Vegetables – You can use any veggies you have on hand. Like: Zucchini, Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Eggplant, Baby Corn, Carrots, Onions etc.
Note 2 – Spice-Mix (Makes 2 TBSP of mix)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds Powder (dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika or Chili Powder or Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Oregano or Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Mix all spices and set aside
Roasting / Baking the veggies and chickpeas
- Heat 1 TBSP Oil in a grill pan or baking pan
- Add chopped veggies
- Add 1 TBSP spice mix
- Mix well.
- Grill for 3-4 min or Bake at 180 C for 20 min. Taste and adjust for salt if required.
- Set aside
- Repeat with Chickpeas: To a baking pan, add chickpeas, 1 TBSP oil, 1 TBSP spice mix and mix well. Bake at 200 C for 15 min. Set aside
Assemble the Salad
- To a bowl, add the roasted veggies
- Top them off with roasted chickpeas
- Garnish with cilantro, crumbled paneer / cottage cheese and a squeeze of lemon
- Serve warm
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Indian
Here’s a quick video tutorial –