Sizzling Chocolate Brownies
Sizzling Chocolate Brownies = Vanilla Ice Cream over Hot Chocolate Brownies with oodles of Chocolate Sauce!
I know. Sometimes I am too much. I can’t help myself.
There is something so damningly good about chocolate that I feel like I am getting lost in the world of mouthwatering ecstasy. Do you feel that too? Please tell me I am not the only foodie-weirdo here.
If you have never experienced foodvana (that is my word for a comatose state only achievable by mass consumption of awesome food), then you really really should be making this amaaaaaazing brownie plate. Really.
Serve this to anyone and they will fall instantly in love with it (AND you! 😉 )
I was served a plate of these Sizzling Chocolate Brownies at a little eatery in Mumbai called Relish. Even before they brought it out, I could hear the “sizzle” that not just got my tongue hanging out, but caught the attention of every single person in the room too! I was so happy to be able to recreate the same dessert at home, for quarter of the price. This is the kind of innovative dessert that would totally blow anyone’s socks off! You’ve probably always had hot brownies with ice cream. But have you had it ‘sizzling hot‘? It will definitely leave a lasting impression on the eater’s memory. 🙂
The next time I make it though, I would try to serve some of my chocolate dipped strawberries on the side for an even better presentation. If you’re planning to make these Sizzling Chocolate Brownies for Valentine’s Day, then having some strawberries on the side would only amplify the love. 🙂 Much like how Shari’s Assorted Chocolate and Swizzled Strawberries would earn you the extra brownie points from your loved ones! No pun intended!
I have a cast iron plate and a wooden stand that came as a part of the “Sizzler Plate” set. If you have that, great. You can always purchase it from a nearby store. (In Mumbai, you can find it in Arife, Crawford Market). However, if you don’t want to be spending money on buying new plates, find any cast iron plate from your kitchen that can withstand a lot of heat. Then find a wooden board to place the hot iron plate on. That should do the trick! 🙂
Sizzling Chocolate Brownies Recipe | How to make sizzling brownies
Place your Iron Plate on the flame and let it heat for 3-4 minutes. (I’m not sure if you can heat it in the oven. If anyone knows, please let us know so that I can update the recipe! 🙂 )
You can make your own chocolate sauce before hand. Or any store bought chocolate sauce would be okay too. Heat it in the microwave until it is hot and bubbly. I had some leftover ganache that had thickened. I microwaved it to form a liquid chocolate sauce.
Also heat the Chocolate Brownie for 30-40 seconds.
Once the plate is hot, carefully place it on the wooden stand and place brownie on it. Pour some chocolate sauce on an around the brownie. You will start to see steam and hear the sizzle!
Place a scoop of ice cream on top of the brownie
Pour some more chocolate sauce!
1 Brownie Square – You can make your favorite brownies for this recipe. You can also use store bought brownie mix
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder (more for darker brownies)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup plain Yogurt / Curd / Sour Cream
- * water / milk (if required)
1 Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- You can use any flavor of your choice but Vanilla is the most commonly used flavor with chocolate
1/2 cup Chocolate Sauce
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate (dark or milk)
For the Brownies
- Preheat oven to 160C (150C in case of convection oven). Grease & line 8 inch square baking pan
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and sift it once to avoid lumps.
- Add the vanilla extract, oil and yogurt to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry mixture is incorporated into the oil-yogurt mixture. If the batter is too thick, add a few drops of milk or water.
- Pour batter to the baking pan. Even it out. Bake at 160C for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean without leaving wet batter.
- Let it cool completely. Cut into squares and use as required
For Chocolate Sauce
- Heat Cream / Milk till it comes to a boil. Pour in the bowl with chopped chocolate. Let it rest for 2 minutes. Stir well to form a smooth sauce.
- If you have pre-made / store bought sauce, heat it in microwave to get bubbly hot chocolate sauce.
Building Sizzling Chocolate Brownies
- Place your Iron Plate on the flame and let it heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the plate is hot, carefully place it on the wooden stand
- Meanwhile heat the brownie and chocolate sauce in the microwave for 30-40 seconds
- Place brownie on it.
- Pour some chocolate sauce on an around the brownie. You will start to see steam and hear the sizzle!
- Place a scoop of ice cream on top of the brownie
- Pour some more chocolate sauce.
- Serve immediately!
- You get sizzler plates that come with a cast iron plate and a wooden stand. If you don’t have them, you can use any iron plate that can handle the heat and a wooden board to place the plate on. Careful not to touch the plate as it will be very hot
- You can make all the components a day or 2 ahead. But build the sizzling chocolate brownies right before serving.
- Be sure to not heat for more than 2-3 minutes or the chocolate sauce and the brownies may burn.
Buy Sizzler Plates to make this any time you want! 🙂
You may try Chocolate Fudge Brownies