1 Brownie Square – You can make your favorite brownies for this recipe. You can also use store bought brownie mix
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder (more for darker brownies)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup plain Yogurt / Curd / Sour Cream
- * water / milk (if required)
1 Scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- You can use any flavor of your choice but Vanilla is the most commonly used flavor with chocolate
1/2 cup Chocolate Sauce
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate (dark or milk)
For the Brownies
- Preheat oven to 160C (150C in case of convection oven). Grease & line 8 inch square baking pan
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and sift it once to avoid lumps.
- Add the vanilla extract, oil and yogurt to the dry ingredients and mix until the dry mixture is incorporated into the oil-yogurt mixture. If the batter is too thick, add a few drops of milk or water.
- Pour batter to the baking pan. Even it out. Bake at 160C for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean without leaving wet batter.
- Let it cool completely. Cut into squares and use as required
For Chocolate Sauce
- Heat Cream / Milk till it comes to a boil. Pour in the bowl with chopped chocolate. Let it rest for 2 minutes. Stir well to form a smooth sauce.
- If you have pre-made / store bought sauce, heat it in microwave to get bubbly hot chocolate sauce.
Building Sizzling Chocolate Brownies
- Place your Iron Plate on the flame and let it heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the plate is hot, carefully place it on the wooden stand
- Meanwhile heat the brownie and chocolate sauce in the microwave for 30-40 seconds
- Place brownie on it.
- Pour some chocolate sauce on an around the brownie. You will start to see steam and hear the sizzle!
- Place a scoop of ice cream on top of the brownie
- Pour some more chocolate sauce.
- Serve immediately!
- You get sizzler plates that come with a cast iron plate and a wooden stand. If you don’t have them, you can use any iron plate that can handle the heat and a wooden board to place the plate on. Careful not to touch the plate as it will be very hot
- You can make all the components a day or 2 ahead. But build the sizzling chocolate brownies right before serving.
- Be sure to not heat for more than 2-3 minutes or the chocolate sauce and the brownies may burn.