S’mores Cookie Cups
Make these elegant S’mores Cookie Cups to reminisce some campfire fun from the comfort of your homes!
Here is why you should just set your weighing scales back ten pounds this month – CHRISTMAS goodies!!!!
Happy December, everyone! I can’t believe it is the final month of the year. Crazy! The Christmas countdown is on and I’m working overtime to bring you a few uber delicious recipes here on Foodomania, despite my maddening schedule. *pats self on the back* 😉
Starting with these awesome S’mores Cookie Cups. Three reasons to love this recipe – a) Helllllooooo…. They are S’mores in a cup – literally! b) They are so elegant that you can proudly give them away as edible gifts to your friends & family. c) They couldn’t be any easier than a regular chocolate chip cookie.
May you will be once I show you just how easy it can be to just take a few extra minutes to make these cookies in a mini cup form!
I think winter is a perfectly acceptable to gorge on cookies, cupcakes, brownies and ice-cream too! After all, you need the extra fat to stay warm during winter , no? 😛 And I’ll take ANY season to include some extra chocolate in my life. Erm.. Chocolate Brownies, Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Fudge, Chocolate Cupcakes, Chocolate Mousse, Sizzling Chocolate Brownies, Chocolate Covered Strawberries…. need I go on & on declaring my love for chocolate?
With these s’mores cookie cups, not only do I conveniently get a small dose of chocolate with every bite, but I also get a nice campfire treat in a mini-cup form! Is this a brilliant idea or what!
Eggless S’mores Cookie Cups – Printable RecipePrint
Delicious & Elegant S’mores in a Cookie Cup!
For the Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) Butter, soft at room temperature
- 2/3 cup Powdered Brown Sugar (or use regular powdered sugar) *adjust for sweetness
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Condensed Milk / plain Yogurt (egg substitute)
- 1 and 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup crushed Graham Crackers / Plain Biscuits / Cookies (for an extra crunch) *see note
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Mini Marshmallows / Chop Marshmallows into tiny bite sized pieces
- Hershey’s / Other chocolate bars chopped into tiny squares
- Preferably use Condensed milk for a better texture. Yogurt can make the cookie cups slightly softer. If you like the soft-cookie texture, you can use yogurt
- Brown sugar gives a better taste. But any kind of powdered sugar is acceptable in the recipe
- Using graham crackers gives an extra crunch to the cookie cups. If you cant find graham crackers, use any kind of crunchy biscuits / cookies / crackers you can find. Or ski[p it altogether.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and crushed graham crackers, set aside.
- Cream together the butter with sugar, add the condensed milk and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until your dough has come together.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Take mini cupcake molds and grease them well with melted butter / vegetable oil.
- Take a mini ice cream scoop or 1 tablespoon measure spoon and scoop out the dough. Roll it into a neat ball and place on the cupcake mold. Repeat with all the cupcake holes.
- Press the dough into each little cup using a spoon / back of a rollin pin or anything that will make an indent in the center.
- Bake them for about 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges, remove from the oven and turn your oven on to broil (**see note below). Re-enforce the indent with the back of your rolling pin on each cookie cup.
- Place a small piece of chocolate at the bottom of each cookie cup followed by a few mini marshmallows and pop them under the broiler for about a minute or until the marshmallows start to lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top them with another little piece of chocolate.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan gently.
- Store in air tight container up to 3 days.
- If your oven doesn’t have a broil function, simply keep in the bake mode & continue to bake.
- If you want softer cookies, bake for about 6 – 8 minutes. I like my cookies on the crunchier side so I baked for 8-10 minutes.
- The baking time really depends on your oven and how you like your cookies. So keep an eye out on the cookies from the 6th minute onward.
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
Eggless S’mores Cookie Cups – Step by Step Recipe with Pictures
Cream together the butter and sugar till you have a smooth creamy mixture (2 minutes).
Add condensed milk / yogurt, vanilla extract and beat again for 1 minute.
Add the flour, crushed graham crackers, baking soda & soda and mix to form a smooth dough.
Butter the mini cupcake tins well and preeat oven to 180C. Make 1 tablespoon dough balls and place on each groove. Take your finger / spoon / back of rolling pin and form an indent in the center of each ball.
Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the edges start to turn light golden brown. Re-enforce the indent with the back of the rolling pin again.
Place a slab of chocolate on each cookie cup.
Add a few mini marshmallows on top of the chocolate. Don’t add too many or they will puff up above the cups.
Bake again for 2 minutes or until the marshmallows turn golden brown. Once they are out, place another chocolate piece on top and let it cool down a bit. Carefully use a wooden spoon to nudge the s’mores cookie cups out of the cupcake grooves. Store in air tight container. Warm slightly in the microwave before eating!
If you enjoyed these S’mores Cookie Cups and want to try some easy cake recipes, check out –
Steamed Chocolate Cake