- 1/4 cup Soft Butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain Yogurt / sour cream / fresh cream
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (plain flour)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (skip if using salted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon Instant Espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Snickers Chocolate (at least 2-4 bars) – chopped into small chunks
A note about the brownie batter – This recipe is slightly on the richer side. If you are looking for low-fat / lighter versions, you can use your favorite brownie batter recipe too
- Preheat oven to 160 C / 325 F (make it 140 or 150 C if using a microwave convection oven). Grease & line a brownie pan (8X8 square tin preferably)
- Mix together butter, sugar, vanilla for 1-2 minutes to form a creamy mixture.
- Add the yogurt / cream and mix well.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa, salt, espresso, baking powder & baking soda. Mix to form a smooth batter. Don’t overmix or you’ll end up with a bread like texture. You should have a thick, smooth batter.
- Add in most of the chopped snickers and fold them in.
- Add the batter to the prepared baking tin and smoothen out the top. Add some more finely chopped snickers on top of the batter and slightly press them into the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies are cooked completely (if you insert a toothpick / knife / dry piece of spaghetti in the center and it comes out clean without wet batter, it is done).
- Let the brownies cool completely. Un-mold, slice & serve
- Stays well up to 3 days in the fridge.