Strawberry Brownie Parfait
Simple recipe for Strawberry Brownie Parfait made with chocolate brownies, whipped cream & strawberries! You’re going to love this trifle dessert!!
Creating the perfect trifle is part art and part daring experimentation. You should be willing to try all combinations of deliciousness before you land on that perfect trifle recipe that you love and cherish.
But then of course, I’d be lying if I said anything that involves chocolate brownies, whipped cream and lots of strawberries could ever go wrong! So, I’ve come up with a solution for you to impress your friends & family without having to put in too much work. And it is mighty darn good!
Just know this: As a result of eating one too many parfaits, adrenaline is is running through my veins and it’s the best thing that’s happened to me, ever. Wheeeeeee! For all you food-nerds, Parfait (read: paar- fuh-ae) is French for frozen dessert.
Every time I make something with brownies in them, I keep thinking this is the best dessert I have ever made. The feeling just keeps getting better and better with time! 🙂 With this superb combination of deep chocolate brownies and sweet-n-tart stewed strawberries…. did I bring it… I think I did! 😉
Although you could even assemble them before, I suggest you don’t – because serving glasses would take up a lot of room in your refrigerator. Store all the elements separately and put them together when you wanna serve!
And to make things even easier, you can use store bought brownies, strawberry syrup and whipped cream. But you wouldn’t need to – considering how easy it is to make all the elements of this recipe! 🙂
Strawberry Brownie Parfait Recipe | Easy & Quick Trifle Desserts
Start off by baking a batch of brownies. You can use any one of my recipes or your favorite recipe. you can also use store bought brownies. In the serving glass, crush some brownie and place at the bottom
Fill the next layer with some homemade stewed strawberries
Fill the next layer with some whipped cream
Finish decorating bu crushing some brownies and placing strawberries. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
TIME excluded the time required for making brownies or stewed strawberries
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- a pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup plain Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
For Stewed Strawberries
- 2 cups of Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 2–3 Tablespoons Sugar / Sweetener (adjust to taste)
For Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2–3 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract / Strawberry Essence
NOTES – SUBSTITUTES
- Brownies – Store bought brownies
- Stewed strawberries – fresh strawberries + strawberry syrup
- Whipped Cream – Cool whip or other substitutes
For Brownies – can be prepared ahead of time
- Grease and line baking sheet. Preheat oven to 160C / 325 F
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder & baking soda.
- Add the oil, yogurt, vanilla extract and mix well to form a smooth batter
- Pour on to the prepared baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Let it cool completely. Use as required
For Stewed Strawberries – can be prepared ahead of time
- In a pan with high sides, add the sliced strawberries. Cook on medium high heat. Keep stirring occasionally.
- In 10 minutes, the fruit will release a lot of its juices and start to reduce & become pulpy.
- Add sugar / sweetener as much as you need and mix well. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Switch off and let it cool completely. Use as required.
For Whipped Cream – can be prepared ahead of time
- Add cold heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Start whisking and adding powdered sugar simultaneously. Whisk until you see stiff peaks. Keep it chilled until required.
To serve the Strawberry Brownie Parfaits
- Crush and add about 2-3 tablespoons of Brownies in each serving glass. Do not pack them tightly to the bottom of the glass.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of Stewed strawberries on top of the brownies. Make sure to add a lot of the juice of strawberries too.
- Finally top it off with Whipped cream.
- To decorate, add some crushed brownies. Add sliced strawberries in the center.
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours and serve!
- You can prepare brownies with any recipe you like. You can even use store bough brownies.
- Brownies, stewed strawberries and whipped cream can be prepared a day or 2 ahead as well.
- Use small glasses to serve these since it is a rich dessert. In case the glass is not full, you can repeat all the layers again too.
- The trick to keeping the dessert moist & juicy is too use a lot of juice from the stewed strawberries.
Last Minute Tip: To save time, use Cool Whip (or any ready-made Whipped cream, store bought Brownies / Brownie-mix, fresh strawberries & a LOT of Strawberry Syrup to keep everything moist!)
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French