Vegan Cashew Rice Yogurt
This creamy vegan cashew rice yogurt is a 100% plant-based, and a much healthier alternative to regular dairy yogurt! Read on to find out just how easy it is to make your own vegan yogurt at home.
This vegan cashew rice yogurt is somewhat of a genius recipe to make a 100% plant-based yogurt!
Made with cashews, cooked rice, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and some green chili pepper, this vegan yogurt is thick, creamy, delicious, and so versatile. You can also substitute the cashews with blanched and peeled almonds. The lemon juice adds the quintessential sourness in the yogurt, the cashews add creaminess, rice the thickness and the chili pepper helps ferment and set the yogurt.
This yogurt is perfect for any savory or sweet recipes, and has a nice thick consistency. The rice in the recipe both helps with the thick texture, and helps with the fermentation process.
How to make the Vegan Cashew Rice Yogurt?
- You start by soaking the cashews for a few hours or overnight; blend it to a coarse paste
- Then add some cooked rice, freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add some water & blend into a smooth and thick puree
- Add to a glass or stainless steel dish. Add some chili peppers to the dish (cut off the bottom of the pepper). Close & the dish & keep in a warm spot
- Let it ferment overnight and you’ll have thick & cream vegan yogurt ready to be consumed!
Here’s a quick recipe video on how to make the vegan cashew rice yogurt –
Print the recipe – Vegan Yogurt –Print
100% Plant-Based Yogurt made with cooked rice, cashews & lemon juice!
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 3/4 cup Cooked Rice
- 1 Lemon, freshly squeezed (adjust for sourness)
- 3–4 Chili pepper
- 1/2 cup Warm Water (adjust for thickness)
Container: Only use a glass dish or a stainless steel container with a lid. Don’t use plastic
- Soak cashews overnight
- Add to blender, grind to coarse paste
- Add cooked rice, warm water & blend to smooth & thick paste
- Add to the glass or stainless steel dish
- Squeeze lemon juice and mix well. Adjust lemon juice depending on how sour you want the yogurt to be
- Cut off a small bottom portion of the green chili peppers. Place them – cut side down – into the dish
- Close the dish with a lid, place in a warm spot
- Let it ferment overnight or until the yogurt sets
- Discard the chili pepper, keep the yogurt refrigerated
- Use within a week
Thank you for reading! If you do decide to make this amazing vegan yogurt, and have questions, leave a comment below! 🙂