- 1 and 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour (sift once)
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar * (adjust for sweetness)
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sugar * (adjust for sweetness)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup plain Yogurt or Curd
- 1/2 cup Milk (I used whole milk)
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips (or chop white chocolate slab into tiny pieces)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
*Alternatively, you can use 2/3 cup of brown or regular sugar alone.
- Preheat oven to 160 C (150 C if convection oven)
- Take 1 spoon of flour, add it to the chocolate. Mix & set aside. This helps the chocolate to distribute evenly throughout the Blondie & not sink to the bottom
- Add both the sugars, baking powder, baking soda & salt to the flour. Mix well and set aside.
- Add oil, yogurt, milk & vanilla essence to a mixing bowl. Beat well to mix the milk with oil.
- Add the flour mixture little by little. Make sure to incorporate all the flour into the wet mixture but not overmix.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips / chunks into the batter.
- To a greased & lined 8X8 baking pan, pour the batter in and even out the top.
- Bake @ 160 C / 300 F for 35-40 minutes or until the cake is fully cooked through. Best way to tell is to insert a toothpick or dry piece of Spaghetti into the center. If it comes out clean without leaving any wet batter, it is done.
- SUPER IMPORTANT: Let the Blondies cool down to room temperature, for at least 1-2 hours before slicing. If you hurry, the Blondies may start crumbling